Dear Durbin Crossing Residents,
The Durbin Crossing Community Development District Staff continues to monitor local, state and federal communications, guidelines, recommendations and advisories regarding COVID-19.
For example, St. Johns County has closed or cancelled the following facilities and programs to the public through March 29 in the interest of public safety and in an effort to minimize the impact of COVID-19 within the community:
- All St. Johns County libraries and the library bookmobile.
- All recreational facilities, recreational programming, recreational events, and all permitted events, including organized youth and adult sports, on St. Johns County property.
- The St. Johns County Ocean and Fishing Pier Gift Shop and all permitted events on associated county property, including the parking lot, volleyball courts, and the pier pavilion.
- All events scheduled to occur at the St. Johns County Fairgrounds.
- All events scheduled to occur at the St. Johns County Agriculture Center.
- All events scheduled to occur at the St. Johns Golf Club.
- The St. Johns County Pet Center.
- All St. Johns County recycling and community collection events.
- All St. Johns County Fire Rescue community programming.
As you are likely aware, the President of the United States issued guidelines on March 16, 2020, instructing citizens not to gather in groups of ten or more people to reduce the risk of transmitting the virus.
In an effort to minimize the risk of contracting the virus, and consistent with federal, state and local guidelines, the District has made the decision to close all recreational facilities and suspend all recreational programs effective 10:00 p.m. tonight, March 17, 2020, and until further notice. This means that both North and South Durbin amenity centers will be closed until further notice.
The District will notify you of any change to operations and we will continue to make decisions based on governmental recommendations, which have and may continue to change rapidly.
While we recognize the disruption is less than ideal, the health and safety of District residents, guests and on-site staff is of utmost importance. Please continue to monitor the District’s website at durbincrossingcdd.com, social media at www.facebook.com/DurbinCrossing/, the Durbin Crossing app, and your e-mail for further updates.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we all work together in this unprecedented time.